CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER UNC HOSPITALS AND CHATHAM HOSPITALApply Email Job Current employees click here Job ID OPE0000B Date posted 11/04/2019
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Chief Operation Officer, Triangle West Hospitals, will report to the President, UNC Triangle West Hospitals. In partnership with the President, the COO provides overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the operational functions for the Medical Center in Chapel Hill, Hillsborough Hospital, Chatham Hospital and Wakebrook Hospital.
- Provide overall leadership, direction and coordination of operations, space, and human resources for all operating areas of UNC Hospitals.
- Works with other UNC Health Care System leadership to align clinical, operational, and academic missions involving the physicians of the system.
- Monitors and responds to the adequacy and soundness of the organization's financial structure. Provides leadership and feedback to co-workers so as to optimize financial outcomes, service improvement, and market position.
- Participate in developing and executing strategic plans and budget targets into operational action plans, which guide resource allocation and the coordination and direction of personnel; direct operations to achieve the annual operating plan.
- Must work collaboratively with physician colleagues. Contributes to the establishment of a learning environment which is conducive to the provision of educational and research experiences to students, house officers, faculty and staff. Supports the educational and professional development opportunities to staff, students and interns within areas of responsibility. Contributes to the institution knowledge of the latest trends, practices and state-of- the-art technology as applicable to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Provide leadership, guidance, support and direction to the department VPs/Directors in their fiscal care efforts to ensure optimal use of resources and provide effective service.
- Reviews operating results of the organization, compares them to established objectives, and takes steps to ensure that appropriate results are achieved as desired. Sets objectives to assure continued success, improvements in quality and outcomes, and establishes environment where successful performance is valued.
- Promotes, reinforces and personally demonstrates the operating philosophy, mission and core values of UNCHCS to all patients, medical staff members, coworkers and the communities the health system serves.
- Works with Hospital's Leadership Team to oversee day to day operations, policy development and regulatory compliance.
- Serves as a visible, accessible and engaged leader to employees.
- Participates in Board, employee, and medical staff meetings as required. Serves as executive representative to system/professional/civic service organizations as directed. Meets with organizations as executive representative as directed. Meets with members of the community as required to promote good community relations.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Public Administration or related field.
- Twelve (12) years of progressive operational leadership experience in a hospital or health care system setting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience effectively managing operations at the Executive level.
- Experience serving as executive representative to professional/civic service organizations.
Primary Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Department: U-79030-DIRECTOR'S OFFICE
Shift: Day Job