ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT SUPERVISOR - ONCOLOGY NEW PATIENT ACCESSApply Email Job Current employees click here Job ID OTH01OIP Date posted 08/26/2019
This position provides direction and supervision to administrative staff within the Oncology Service line.The individual will oversee a large group (ten or more) of clerical employees consisting of both new and return patient access scheduling for multiple disciplinarians across the oncology service line. In addition, other duties include: conducting interviews, employee counseling, scheduling, distributing workload, developing and following work standards set by the UNC Healthcare System and the Oncology Service line.This position will consist of assisting the Clinic Manager with supervision of administrative staff, weekly report review, auditing and overseeing scheduling and day-to-day clinic operations.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Administers the unit's Human Resource function in accordance with Health Care System policies/procedures. Responsible for selection, training, evaluating, counseling, and disciplining of employees within the work unit
2. Ensures all staff are properly trained. Provides on-the-job training and identifies broader training needs that may be addressed with formal training for the unit.
3. Establishes departmental goals and objectives. Develops policies and procedures to accomplish objectives. Communicates new and changes to existing policies and procedures
4. Establishes priorities within the unit supervised, establishes work schedules, organizes and directs the flow of work. Adjusts individual assignments to meet the needs of the unit..
5. Provides input to departmental budget process and monitors to ensure fiscal accountability.May establish work unit operational budget.
6. Resolves work problems utilizing operational, technical, and program knowledge. Serves as primary resource for employees with regard to problems, interpretation and application of policies and procedures
7. Reviews work of subordinates and productivity reports to ensure that the quality and quantity of work performed meets internally established goals for timeliness and to determine areas for improvement. Suggests and participates in quality improvement initiatives for the work unit and the department.
High School diploma or GED. Seven (7) years of clerical, administrative, or secretarial experience, including one (1) year in a lead or supervisory capacity.
Primary Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Department: U-22253-ONCOLOGY PHONE CENTER
Shift: Day Job